2011/12/11

Interview: Asta Kask


 



Asta Kask (From Schizo Fanzine #6, the punk illegal special)

1. Hey Asta Kask, how was your gig at Punk Illegal 2010? My opinion is that is was almost in same class that your gig 1992 at Fryshuset


Dadde: It was a bit stressful since we arrived about 15 minutes before the gig and our backline was in another van that was even more behind the schedule than we. But when we were playing it was just as fun as usual, even though it was a bit chaotic when like 30 punks stormed the stage.

Micke: It was fantastic. Lot of stress before the gig an arrival 15 min. before gig. When our sound engineer started the recorded intro I run to the Toilet for a quick shit. I know that it takes 2 minutes.... Quick drop. When we got up on stage it was like always... fantastic. And the storming punks in the end was like in the 80 s. (Yeah it was just what I thought, I have seen old Asta-videos from the 80's and it remember me of that/ Schizo) This is the second time in 30 years that we did not played RINGALS BRINNER. The people on stage said stop now stop now... I think the crazy punx smashed the scene if we had played that song.

2. What do you think of Punk Illegal in general? Did you watch any bands or visit the camp area?

Dadde: I think it's a great festival and a nobel cause. I think it's a great thing that they do and I'm proud that the punkscene actually do something constructive to help people. I of coursed watched our friends in The Baboon Show, From ashes Rise and saw some songs with Doom and EATER.
I was at the camping and played an acoustic gig with my other band Sju Svåra År around 3 in the morning haha...

3. You belong to the veterans, another band that are veterans are E.A.T.E.R, what do you think of them?

Micke: I have knowned the guys in E.A.T.E.R. for many years. They visit me in the 80´s in "KLOAKENS AAS" even as the early band " IN CHARGE". They recorded their first and classic ep "Doomsday troops" in Kloaken anti studio. What I think about them? Crazy guys... And in these days... even crazier and more fat than before. It was a fun reonion at Punk Illegal... lot of hugs and talking memories.

4. What is the 3 biggest differens when it comes to your old era and this era when it comes to your gigs, the people and the punk in general?

Things are more organized, or rather we are more organized today. We won't do a gig without getting our expenses payed, food, drinks etc... That's the least you can ask for for doing a gig. I guess it all comes down to experience, we are more experienced, the organizors are more experienced, and punks in general are more organized nowadays. But still just as whiny ;)

5. Do you have anything else to say about Punk Illegal or whatever you want, any last comments?

Support them in everyway. If you can organize your own supportgigs! Every penny is needed. Thanks for the interview, see you. Cheers / Dadde

www.astakask.se

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar